Latino Equity Project’s training objective is to increase the impact and effectiveness of Latino leaders by creating a space to tackle oppressive dynamics inside and outside of the Latino community. Trainings explore racial bias against Black, Indigenous, Asian and other Latino racial and ethnic groups, as part of our aim to expand the cultural and political definition of who is considered “Latino.”
TRAINING LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Understand how oppression dynamics play out within the Latino community and across other groups.
Learn about structural isms and other barriers to create change.
Understand intersectionality, its impact and learn strategies to address it at a personal, organizational, community and movement level.
Develop strategies to build equity driven leadership inside and outside organizations.
Develop real time solutions for challenges leaders face in addressing equity issues.
The Latino Equity Project is excited to announce the following upcoming 1-day trainings for people who serve in government:
- LOS ANGELES: Friday, SEPTEMBER 6, 2019
- SACRAMENTO: Monday, OCTOBER 28, 2019
All past participants are invited to a 1-day gathering where we will:
- Support you in connecting what you learned to your workplace
- Connect with, learn, and share with co-participants
- Re-fresh on tools learned in our initial training
- Strategize on how to sustain momentum as a growing LEP community